This week’s assignment had us focusing on type and playing with filters. The first image that I created with the type I used a lot of layers, even utilizing the 3D extrusion for the word “fishbowl”. I used the liquify filter on the word “souls”. A lot of texture, playing with opacity and blending modes, and viola!
The second image I decided to go with a sort of stamped penny effect. Much cleaner and simpler than the first quote. I used a copper texture for the background and a typewriter font. The effect was basically achieved mainly through the emboss & bevel mode. A few shadows were applied and the lighting was toyed with to create an almost realistic look.